April 4, 2020

Friday Funny 04-03/2020 (Keeping our Social Distance, still)





I don't know why I don't own this already! You can purchase one for me here

We're fine with social distancing, it's what we do on Denali Rose naturally. While we've been at the dock lately, we only go into town for once a week groceries, mail, and the very occasional take-out meal from our favorite cafe, Zaks.

We have a question for our insurance company, and as soon as that is taken care of, we're going to go cruising. Alaska has a directive; no travel between communities, (among other directives), and some of the SE Alaska communities, have totally closed their "borders" to all incoming travel. They just don't have the medical supplies, hospitals, or personnel to deal with a major outbreak of virus. Most only have a nurse practitioner, and a small clinic, if that, so any illness or injury can be catastrophic.

The result for us, is that we will still cruise around bays, coves, waterways, fish, relax, have fun, but when we we need to come into port, we will return to our slip in Wrangell. Then we can off load  garbage, get fresh food, check mail, and protect ourselves, as well as others. It's not what we originally planned for the summer, but as we say, "our plans are written in sand", and this year, the tide has washed them away.

Everyone needs to keep their spirits up, and the memes, jokes, cartoons, and humorous videos abound!

I found some at the bored panda website, I laughed out loud at several.



Yeah, so what's with the toilet paper hoarding anyway? Hand sanitizer I could understand, we get ours by the case from Amazon, so we have plenty. Shhh don't tell anyone.

I know I'm supposed to be productive, I know I have many projects staring me in the face, but somehow I just haven't had time..  hahahaha. What I did instead, was add the STARZ channel to my Amazon Prime, and I've been OD-ing on the series Outlander. I've been making cards, and watching videos. Isn't that a good use of my time? Sorry, I can't show any of the cards to you, the recipients haven't received them yet. If you want one, send me your address, and I'll make it a priority on my project list, I'd rather make cards than deep clean any day.



Or

Alaskans eat alot of Pilot Bread.

And





All good information, in easy concise graphics. And for those of you who remember, Hill Street Blues, good advice.





As always, we enjoy hearing from you, either here in comments or on our Facebook Denali Rose Sailboat page.

2 comments:

  1. We too are looking to do some local cruising without requiring support from ashore. Work has pretty much evaporated and school is moving online so we might as well be at anchor than trapped in the marina. Pretty ironic that after over seven years cruising we come back to Canada so the kids can go to a "bricks and mortar" school and I can go to work and this happens. Oh well. At least we are well practised at social distancing but this time we even have internet.

    Stay safe out there !

    Cheers,

    Max

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Max, It is difficult to tell if your return timing was off or fortunate... one could argue both ways...

      We are still prepping ourselves, and have much less to deal with than you... [e.g., home schooling...]

      We do have a new recent constraint imposed upon us: Intrastate travel now requires a 14 day isolation period for anyone traveling between communities... This makes our home port of Wrangell our only reasonable option for anything we need for the near future at least...

      Be safe out there... Wish we could rendezvous, but our respective borders are currently closed to we recreational types...

      Delete

Because of spammers, comments may be moderated [and 'Anonymous' are usually deleted...] so please be patient if they don't appear quickly... We are cuisers. Sometimes it may be days— even weeks— before we have internet access. Even Elon's... [Don't feel sorry for us... It's intentional...]