August 17, 2018

Friday Funny 8-17/18 (ICE)



We don't typically have ice onboard, we save our limited freezer space for, (in our humble opinion), more important items, like meat, and ice cream. Lately however, we've taken to putting our two Yeti coolers onboard, and filling them with ice to keep drinks cold. This saves space in the refrigerators for other important items, like creamer for our coffee, and cheese.



We rarely have drinks that have ice in them, but with our recent run of hot weather, it was great to have a drink that was ice cold.

Our marina is right next to one of the local fish processor plants, and they're being a good community neighbor by supplying crushed ice for anyone who wants to shovel it into their containers. We have to keep in mind that this is not for consumption, only to keep things cold, like fish that I catch, if I ever catch one.

Ice totes, those are commercial crab pots in the background.

Filled with ice

Bill shoveling ice into a cooler bag.

Whenever I put a fishing line in the water, I usually end up losing my bait to the crabs. I can even feel them pulling it off of the hook. Then I reel in the line, rebait it, put it back down, and the game starts again. It's depressing, everyone here catches fish, but me. You can't even buy it in the grocery store here, because everyone catches their own. 

I don't want this crab.

I'm trying to schedule a blog post again. We'll be out of cell range by Friday, and hopefully this will post to our blog automagically. Good luck.


 As always, we enjoy hearing from you, either here in comments or on our Facebook Denali Rose Sailboat page.


6 comments:

  1. I love having ice on the boat. In Mexico it's a must have item for us. I think about half our freezer is taken up with storing ice. I'd like an ice maker, but Mike is too protective of his amps. It's nice that the fish people give their ice away to the needy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After our recent time with warm weather, I don't think I'm cut out for "hot" weather. I'm not sure I could survive Mexico without having a bathtub full of ice to dip myself in.

      Delete
  2. Somebody has to save our precious amp hours. If Melissa had her way she would be using a hairdryer while making margaritas with the blender keeping the freezer door open the whole time. We balance each other out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You could line your boat with solar panels...... I recall that you've just purchased a small generator, Melissa will put that to good use!

      Delete
  3. Free ice - what a nice thing for them to do. I have friends who have to have lots of ice in their drinks. I'm pretty indifferent to it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Free ice is great! I'm with you on the ice in drinks though, I'd rather not.

      Delete

Because of spammers, comments may be moderated [and 'Anonymous' are usually deleted...] so please be patient if they don't appear quickly... We are cuisers. Sometimes it may be days— even weeks— before we have internet access. Even Elon's... [Don't feel sorry for us... It's intentional...]