April 29, 2022

Friday Funny 04-29/2020 (Peeping Through New Eyes)

 

🎶

Peeps are like candy corn, they elicit strong reactions, either you love them or you hate them. I'm in the love them camp, Bill is in the hate them. 

I have one small locker onboard Denali Rose that I stash a selection of treats, M&Ms, trail mix, seaweed, (yuck, but someone eats them), chocolate, Trader Joe's, (please people, stop sending chili garlic nuts), and my peeps. I think Bill was either bored, or keeping me amused from afar, as peeps started to show up on Facebook in various poses. 



Peeps in Washington have fun too. 😁

Peeps peeping through the "cheater" glasses.

Peeps reading about their cousin's vacation cruise.

Funny article about how peeps are the worst Easter candy ever.

The saying goes, "everything on a boat must have at least two uses".

I'd say that having peeps onboard qualifies, look at all of the useful things you can do with them.


Peeps are enjoying the salad, but not as part of it.


Peeps, and wine?


The morning oatmeal, and tea are kept company by the peeps.

These peeps have had a serious mishap at the factory.

Update on the cataract surgery.

I have had both eyes operated on, and have had a one day post op on both. The surgery on the right eye was first, and was a bit anxiety inducing, but I felt better about the second one the next day, since I had experienced the procedure. I didn't even have any medication to reduce nervousness, yay me. I personally feel that not having medication helped in the recovery, since I wasn't fuzzy headed. The post op exams revealed that I am seeing at 20/15 distance, and my near vision is clearing up some, but I may always need cheaters to see or read fine print. That's due to the the toric far-lens I choose to be implanted in place of the cataract. I'm staying here for my one week checkup next week, and then I will fly back to Denali Rose. 

I highly recommend Pacific Cataract and Laser Institute for this procedure. They couldn't have been more kind, caring, efficient, knowledgable, and skilled. They have clinics from Anchorage to the west coast of WA, OR, and CA, to Idaho, Montana, and New Mexico. I went to the one in Bellevue, and no, I didn't get a discount for this post. 


The stylish sunglasses you get from the clinic. 😜 I'm always up for swag.

As always, we enjoy hearing from you, either here in comments or on our Facebook Denali Rose Sailboat page.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Because of spammers, comments may be moderated [and 'Anonymous' are usually deleted...] so please be patient if they don't appear quickly... We are cuisers. Sometimes it may be days— even weeks— before we have internet access. Even Elon's... [Don't feel sorry for us... It's intentional...]