March 1, 2020

Friday Funny 02-28/2020 (Dodger/Bimini, Order in Chaos)

Nice title.

That must be me. 

Sailrite shipped all of my supplies for the new dodger and bimini ultra fast. I'm not complaining, but I'm not quite ready to start, so in the meantime, we move around the supplies.  One of the boxes had split the end in transit, it contained three rolls of expensive Strataglass window vinyl, so a big "whew" when it was found undamaged.




There are over 40 zippers in the existing enclosure, and I ordered that many, and a few more. As it turns out, I got a couple wrong, they need double sliders, instead of singles, back to Sailrite for another order. 

Zippers aren't made in every length, so I had to buy the closest size, and I will cut them to fit. I've sorted out the packages, and labeled them, that way I don't inadvertently use a length that was intended for another area.

Sorting zippers.

Bill put up brighter light over the sewing table, and I'll be able to see much better! Now I need to clear the table, and bench of non-essential items.


My sewing "room".

I also bought these clamps to make it easier to hold things together while I run it through the sewing machine.



We're storing the rolls of Seamark, Sunbrella, Strataglass, Shelter-Rite, and soft window liner in the forward head, it's convenient that we can use the aft head instead.



A few on the bookshelf in the forward V-Berth also.

The cockpit is also piled with stuff, and I'll need to clean that out too. The bimini keeps the rain out, but I need to take it down to create my pattern for the new one.


Important stuff.

We'll probably rig up some kind of blue tarp over the cockpit until I get the new one ready. We're scheduling for a haul-out this spring to do some maintenance, and we haven't decided yet whether we want to put up new canvas while we're in the yard. Last time we were there, the boat got pretty dirty. My guess is that we'll need the bimini top, and won't put on the new sides. 

It's pouring rain today, so inside organization will be better than outside. 



As always, we enjoy hearing from you, either here in comments or on our Facebook Denali Rose Sailboat page.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Because of spammers, comments may be moderated [and 'Anonymous' are usually deleted...] so please be patient if they don't appear quickly... We are cuisers. Sometimes it may be days— even weeks— before we have internet access. Even Elon's... [Don't feel sorry for us... It's intentional...]