April 27, 2019

Friday Funny 04-26/19 (My Bedding Tidbitting)

 


It's just the normal stuff around here... everyday life at the dock. Taking care of bills, shopping, cleaning, the stuff everyone does. Our exceptions are the boat projects, the planning for where we are going next, and next, and next, with plenty of flexibility for the when, and with whom.

Bill's last "tidbit" was about bedding, and how we use fleece bedrolls, but we've been using sheets for about a year now. We're still trying to find the the method we like best. I sewed the top sheet to the fitted sheet at the bottom, but it's still a pain to get the fitted bottom sheet to stay on. I tried those elastic straps with the clippy things on the ends under the mattress, but they just snapped off the sheet periodically. 

As Bill pointed out in his article, I made flannel liners for the fleece bedroll, and they fit in our small washer onboard, but I have a problem with them. They don't match... horror of all horrors. 😲
Seems like a small thing, but they're bright red, and I like grey, and turquoise. My sheets are grey, and the fleece is grey. 

I stopped writing at this point and decided to check out Amazon for the correctly colored, polyester, flannel sheets. I haven't been able to find them, and voila, I just order 2 sets. We may go back to the bedroll, as nobody really likes trying to make the bed.  Bedrolls are, fluff, smooth, and go, done.

Gus doesn't see why anyone needs to "make" the bed.

We tried out the new inflatable paddle board in the pool this week. Sorry, no pictures, water, pool, splash, and Iphones don't mix. I could paddle the board around, as long as I was on my knees, no dice with standing up. It's hard! Bill got on it also, and did great with standing up. We may go back this week, and practice more, and maybe get photos.

As always, we enjoy hearing from you, either here in comments or on our Facebook Denali Rose Sailboat page.




2 comments:

  1. Yes, bed making is a mystery to cats :) I've been using those sheet suspenders for a few months now and they're really working well for us. I used to hate how the sheets would snap off the corner in the middle of the night.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad those suspenders work for you, I can't seem to get it right. My brain is whirling with what to do when the new flannels arrive. I'm thinking it might include velcro. :-)

      Delete

Because of spammers, comments may be moderated [and 'Anonymous' are usually deleted...] so please be patient if they don't appear quickly... We are cuisers. Sometimes it may be days— even weeks— before we have internet access. Even Elon's... [Don't feel sorry for us... It's intentional...]