April 19, 2019

Friday Funny 04-19/19 (Projects in Process)



Yes, now that the mainsail cover is done to our satisfaction, (at least for now), I'm procrastinating on getting back to the "recover the salon cushions" project. 




I feel as lazy as Elsie usually is. See the top cushion, and the bottom cushion? They don't match, it's because I finished the top one, and I haven't started on the bottom one yet. I use Elsie as an excuse, I can't possibly disturb the kitty now can I? 



My main reason for dragging this process out, is that no matter how meticulous I cut, and sew, the new cover is never quite right the first time. My seam ripper is my best friend. Also, I kept changing my mind about what color I wanted to use, and so now that I've totally decided, I need to redo the ones I made in the rejected color, to the selected color. Redo, and redo again, is there a pattern here?

The ultra-suede color I picked out 4 years ago, Sahara, is still being manufactured, and I actually had to purchase additional yardage recently. I buy it off of Ebay from the same store every time. The cost is usually around $24.00 a yard, vs $99.00 a yard from our favorite marine yardage supplier, and the Ebay store does free shipping. It's a terrific deal, imagine shipping 5 yards or so of upholstery fabric to Alaska, and it always arrives fast, and in perfect condition. 

Someday I hope to post a "It's Done!" photo but for now, here's a peek at some of the progress.

Pilothouse main salon.
Har Har.

As always, we enjoy hearing from you, either here in comments or on our Facebook Denali Rose Sailboat page.


3 comments:

  1. That's a great price for ultrasuede! And, no, you can't disturb a sleeping cat to work on a project :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll take a bargain where I can! I think Elsie always knows which cushion I'm going to work on next, and decides that is where she needs to curl up.

      Delete
    2. Elsie is enabling procatenation...

      Delete

Because of spammers, comments may be moderated [and 'Anonymous' are usually deleted...] so please be patient if they don't appear quickly... We are cuisers. Sometimes it may be days— even weeks— before we have internet access. Even Elon's... [Don't feel sorry for us... It's intentional...]