April 24, 2021

Friday Funny 04-23/2021 (More Trailer Action)

 


In preparation for our upcoming Denali Rose haul out, Bill needed to get the truck out of storage. He had to take the camper off, so he could use the truck bed to haul supplies back and forth to the boat yard. It is well known in my circle, that I have no spacial acuity, and Bill has learned to take the camper off, and on by himself, but he needed my help to move the trailers around. 

I had conned the boat neighbor into volunteering to help, but circumstances didn't work out that well. I took Bill out to the storage area in my car, so he could drive the truck back to the marina, and then he said, "why don't you help out while you're here." Oh, crap, tricked into it.

Some of you may remember this post about moving trailers from 2017. That post shows the trailers backed behind the storage facility. We actually had to move them back out shortly after that post, because the facility owners wanted them stored on a flat pad above the storage garages. Other people put their vehicles, and commercial crab traps on the same pad.

Bill had already moved the trailers out of the way, and taken the camper off, so really there wasn't much for me to do, so I sucked it up, took a cleansing breath, put on my big girl pants, and said yes. 

All vehicles spread out, ready for consolidation.

Bill had to do quite a bit of jockey-ing, (Is that a word?) to get the black trailer close to the tree line, and in front of the camper. My job was to make sure he didn't hit the camper. 

Backing in


Here are my tools of the trade, whenever Bill radioed me to ask how far, I would use the tape measure to measure between the camper, and the back of the trailer. It took out all of the guess work.

STOP NOW!

Success, and it wasn't so bad, maybe I don't really need to stress about it in the future. 

Lining them up.



Everything is back in position.

As always, we enjoy hearing from you, either here in comments or on our Facebook Denali Rose Sailboat page.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Because of spammers, comments may be moderated [and 'Anonymous' are usually deleted...] so please be patient if they don't appear quickly... We are cuisers. Sometimes it may be days— even weeks— before we have internet access. Even Elon's... [Don't feel sorry for us... It's intentional...]