May 15, 2020

Friday Funny 05-15/20 (Coffee, Sew, Wine, or is that Whine?)

My life.

The bimini is installed, not quite done, but up, and fitted. In addition, the starboard side curtain is zipped in, also not quite done, but fitted. I'm waiting to do final adjustments until I have all important pieces in place, like the bimini, both side curtains, and the dodger. We got the Makrolon windshield this week in UPS, so that will mean the dodger is next, especially since we may have a couple of days without rain, except that the dinghy doesn't have a cover yet either, and it needs protection from the sun. Decisions, decisions...

At one time, I thought I might do canvas work for profit, but now I have changed my mind. 
  • I don't have the room to sew.
  • I don't have the room to store sewing materials, and supplies
  • I don't ever want to do this again.
What a mess!

Since the previous owners advised the old canvas enclosure was made in 2007, and had never been taken off, I'm totally okay with doing it that way again. I'm not sewing a new enclosure, not even in 13 years.

A lump.

Gus had to try out the new bimini, he's the lump as we try to stretch it out over the bars. Big help buddy!


As chief QC officer, he's making sure the curtain fabric is up to his standards.

We've been enjoying the recent spate of warm weather, it's good to be able to work out in the sunshine, but bad, because we're working out in the sunshine, not cruising.


Hmmm, brown, burgundy, tan, hopefully at some point it will all match, to keep my spirits up, and my motivation going, I envision it in my mind.


As always, we enjoy hearing from you, either here in comments or on our Facebook Denali Rose Sailboat page.


2 comments:

  1. Nice work. Yep. its takes a lot of time to do that stuff. Paid for the sewing machine, and then some.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The bimini was hard work, and challenging, but we are very pleased with the results. It'll be so nice to have the cockpit weatherproof.

      Delete

Because of spammers, comments may be moderated [and 'Anonymous' are usually deleted...] so please be patient if they don't appear quickly... We are cuisers. Sometimes it may be days— even weeks— before we have internet access. Even Elon's... [Don't feel sorry for us... It's intentional...]