August 23, 2019

Friday Funny 08-23/19 (Shop 'till You Drop)



While in Juneau, and I completed my first shopping trip to Costco. I've been in a Costco in Anchorage twice, once on an errand with my sister-in-law, and once with a friend, but never to do my own shopping. OH MY!  My online fellow cruiser friend, Melissa, warned me ahead of time to "hang onto my wallet." Good advice. It took two dock carts to get all of the provisions down to the boat.

It was hard not to buy EVERYTHING, but I reminded myself that there is only so much storage space in Denali Rose. It's already taken days to figure out where everything can fit, be accessible, and most of all, remember where it's been put. Really, what's the point if I bought it, and then forget I have it, or forget where to find it?

Then the next day we went to Fred Meyers to pick up more supplies, because we could buy items in a lesser quantity. I didn't need, nor could I justify storage for 3000 Q-tips from Costco, when I could buy one box of 500. Another dock cart full to the boat. 

Never ending toilet roll.

When we don't have guests onboard, we use the v-berth for rubbermaid tubs of supplies, I filled them all, and still had more that needed homes.

The dinette table is lowered to the "bed" level, and covered.

I had to completely clean out, and rearrange the small pantry closet.


Each shelf has 3 layers of shoebox tubs filled with supplies.


Just a few more things to go, where do I store those humongous potato chip bags so they don't get crushed?

These large 120ft yachts are also tied up in the Auke Bay Marina, I bet they don't have storage problems.

Blue Moon



As always, we enjoy hearing from you, either here in comments or on our Facebook Denali Rose Sailboat page.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Because of spammers, comments may be moderated [and 'Anonymous' are usually deleted...] so please be patient if they don't appear quickly... We are cuisers. Sometimes it may be days— even weeks— before we have internet access. Even Elon's... [Don't feel sorry for us... It's intentional...]