December 23, 2016

Friday Funny 12/23 (Merry Christmas)

What me?

Christmas decorating on a boat is a challenge, especially for people who don't have a land-based home. We don't have much space for storing, as well as setting up the traditional tree, hanging lights, garland, and ornaments that may fall and break. This year, my son and his family arrive the day after Christmas, and whatever I put up, must come down right away if we are able to leave the dock, and enjoy some time on the water. (weather permitting)

There are also those that go ALL out though.

It's fra-gee-lay, Italian!
 Big marinas sometimes have what they call a "Parade of Lights", and everyone dresses up their boat. They line up, and actually have a parade on the water.




Imagine going up the mast to decorate!

I would show Denali Rose's lights hanging in the pilothouse windows inside, from outside, but I can't. That would mean I would have to go out on the dock at night, dark, in the cold, walk far enough away to get a good view, and get a photo. You'll just have to take my word for it, it's pretty.

Back to the cat... Here's one cruiser's idea of keeping the cat away from the decor:

Just decorate the door, and close it to keep it safe from curious kitty.
Gus likes to bat at the hanging Grinch.

That looks interesting to me.

I'm asking Santa not to forget me this year, since I have moved from Fairbanks. "Hey Santa, bring my gifts to Wrangell now!"

Santa and reindeer, modified for people who live on boats.

Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

:-)













4 comments:

  1. That's awesome guys - can't wait to get there!! :-)

    Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awaiting your arrival! Hopefully some semi-sunny/cloudy days while you are here.

      Delete
  2. Some of those boats are awesome! Our lights seriously pale in comparision, especially that fra-gi-le leg! I think we're watching that movie tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had grand ideas, but just couldn't do it. It was too much work for all of the other things I have going on. I'm going to watch Christmas Vacation today. I can't wait!

      Delete

Because of spammers, comments may be moderated [and 'Anonymous' are usually deleted...] so please be patient if they don't appear quickly... We are cuisers. Sometimes it may be days— even weeks— before we have internet access. Even Elon's... [Don't feel sorry for us... It's intentional...]