Taking care of the home in Fairbanks where the weather is far more extreme than in Wrangell (where the boat is slipped) takes priority.
While I'm here, along with the usual seasonal maintenance, I'll also be installing a remote monitoring system from Siren Marine.
It will send SMS and eMail messages based upon how we configure it (and we can do so remotely...)
For example, we will be monitoring:
- Temperature inside the boat
- Bilge pump cycles and duration
- High water alarm (in bilge) [based upon sensor placement]
- Motion detection in the main cabin [Intruder alert]
- Boat battery voltage [set notification thresholds]
- Shore power on or off [notify if off]
- Location [and it will notify us if the boat has moved, and track it if so]